Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Major Writing Assignment

The piece I chose for “Major Writing Assignment” is my MWA # 1, which is a Comparison/Contrast Essay. I wrote this essay during the 4th week of class. The title of my essay is “An Introvert Living in an Extroverted World,” in which I gave contrasting and comparative information of two different personality types, and how each type acts and responds in our society. I picked this essay because it is definitely the most improved. Because this is our very first Major Writing Assignment for this class, and the fact that English is my second language, I struggled a lot while making this essay. The first draft was unorganized, unfocused, lacks support and citations, had stereotypical ideas, and many grammatical errors. And as I compare it to the final draft after revisions, I made only a few grammatical errors. This essay is quite strong because of its informative ideas and support, while comparing each subject and giving examples. In relation, on my second paragraph, I made a comparison between the two personality types in such a way that the readers will have a general idea of the topic. I mentioned that “In a world dominated by an outgoing and social crowd, an introvert is often labeled as “aloof,” “anti-social,” “reserved,” “snob,” “loner,” or “self-contained.” In an extroverted society, being outgoing and social is considered better, and more acceptable. Extroverts are praised as warm, friendly and likable while introverts usually get the short end of the stick because of their reserved and guarded disposition.”

No comments:

Post a Comment