Friday, March 12, 2010

How do you see it?

The piece I chose for “Critical Analysis” is Assignment # 6, which is to make a summary of Samuel Clemens’ Two Ways if Viewing the River. I wrote this during the second week of our class. I picked this piece because it enhanced my analytical skills by means of summarizing. It involved reading, and analysis of each sentence for it to be understood. The strength of this piece is it has good analytical content, and there’s also an improvement when it comes to summarizing. I compared two different perspectives of the author, and I wrote it in my own words. An example is, “Clemens emphasized the difference in seeing things in a different perspective. It’s about seeing something as magical, in comparison to seeing it in a scientific point of view.”

No comments:

Post a Comment